I linked up for Sarah's Pre Cut Party and it was also the Friday for FNSI so I worked on a project that fitted in with both events. First, I needed a pattern that used precut sized fabric. I had bookmarked this Zig Zag Quilt Pattern from HERE some time ago with the intention of trying it out sometime. I needed to start with 2.5 inch strips..
.then I sewed them together in pairs
Cut them into 4.5 inch segments..
Joined these pieces at right angles to each other
Then joined these units together into strips of increasing length first one on its own, then rows of 2, 3 etc..(the photo below is not the final layout)
Finally I started to sew the rows together..the rows run diagonally....and this is as far as I got for the night...
The quilt in the pattern is larger than I will probably make, so I will add rows until it is the size that I want..all I will need to do then is trim the sides so that they are straight, quilt and bind..so there is a bit of work to do yet..