Monday, February 28, 2011

In Bloom- a floral theme

It's the end of the month- where has February gone? Here are some things I have finished this month. The 2 cushions for my mum are done- I added a strip of lighter fabric on the fold sewn in to the seam when I attached the borders. In a previous post I just showed the applique centre. They are in Mum's colours for her bedroom.
I've been playing around with some of the photo effects on the computer, so a little trial and error with how the photos appear. I've tried an effect that blurred the edges. It's amazing how quickly the time flies when you are experimenting and trying to get the post right!
The rose was a sample I did at the Quilting Symposium in Christchurch in 2003. You could hire a machine to use in class- so I went to a mini class to familiarise myself with its features- this was the little project we pieced and then tried out some of the stitches. All I had to do to finish it was sew down the binding, yet it had hidden itself at the back of a cupboard since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a message